Morgan A. McCormick, MD
At Neighborhood Psychiatry, I work to help individuals realize their best versions of themselves. I take pride in developing a collaborative relationship with patients, with a focus on creating a supportive and confidential atmosphere to discuss personal concerns. Making the decision to pursue psychiatric treatment is not always an easy choice, I do my best to promote a warm and empathic relationship, the best environment to promote change and growth.
Generally, psychiatric problems are caused by a variety of sources. Genetic and biological factors are often a primary cause, however aspects like family dynamics, unhealthy coping, discordant relationships and unresolved traumas often complicate, or can even take over the clinical picture. We can investigate all of these variables in my practice. Where medication is often helpful, it can also have its limitations.
My goal in practice is to individualize treatment plans, using therapeutic practices as well as medication to tailor treatment regimens to what works best for each individual’s concerns and lifestyle. Ultimately, I reach to provide the best outcomes for my patients. My specialized interests are mood disorder including depression and bipolar disorders, mental health in the peripartum period, pharmacotherapy, and psychodynamic psychotherapy.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2018 Psychiatry Residency, Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry
- 2014 M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine
- 2009, BS, BA, Indiana University, With Distinction
2018 – present; Neighborhood Psychiatry
- Providing personalized psychiatric care to patients in the greater Indianapolis area
- Staff Psychiatrist in the outpatient Mental Health Clinic
- Supervision of resident psychiatrists
- Staff psychiatrist providing occasional weekend and night coverage for general adult and substance use inpatient units
- Occasional weekend and weeknight telephonic coverage for inpatient psychiatric and substance use units
- Staff psychiatrist providing occasional weekend and nighttime coverage for inpatient adult, adolescent, child, and substance use units
- Staff psychiatrist providing occasional weekend and night coverage for inpatient adult units
- Weekend rounding for adult and adolescent inpatient eating disorder patients